Jubilee, Nasa Claim 3.7 Million Voters Will Boost Their Numbers

[Nation] The Jubilee Party and the Opposition were on Tuesday embroiled in a supremacy battle, with each claiming that the just-ended mass voter registration worked in their favour ahead of the August General Election.

[Nation] The Jubilee Party and the Opposition were on Tuesday embroiled in a supremacy battle, with each claiming that the just-ended mass voter registration worked in their favour ahead of the August General Election.

source: AllAfrica News: Kenya

Trainspotter – Preview – Reading a Budget in a Post-Budget Country

[Daily Maverick] Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan will read his 2017 Budget in front of his enemies – main among them President Jacob Zuma – and his friends. But whatever he says, we’re so deep in a series of systemic crises that it has almost ceased to…

[Daily Maverick] Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan will read his 2017 Budget in front of his enemies - main among them President Jacob Zuma - and his friends. But whatever he says, we're so deep in a series of systemic crises that it has almost ceased to matter. RICHARD POPLAK sums up where we are, and where we may be going.

source: AllAfrica News: South Africa

Tiger Brands to Exit Kenyan Market

[East African] South African Tiger Brands will be exiting the Kenyan market after disposing of its 51 per cent stake in the local unit, Haco Tiger Brands, to billionaire businessman Chris Kirubi, who currently holds the remaining 49 per cent share.

[East African] South African Tiger Brands will be exiting the Kenyan market after disposing of its 51 per cent stake in the local unit, Haco Tiger Brands, to billionaire businessman Chris Kirubi, who currently holds the remaining 49 per cent share.

source: AllAfrica News: South Africa

Court Forces the Country to Review Its Options on Dadaab Refugee Camp

[The Conversation Africa] The hundreds of thousands of people living in Kenya’s sprawling Dadaab refugee camp have been spared eviction – for now. Early in February the High Court in Nairobi overturned a government directive to close the camp and disba…

[The Conversation Africa] The hundreds of thousands of people living in Kenya's sprawling Dadaab refugee camp have been spared eviction - for now. Early in February the High Court in Nairobi overturned a government directive to close the camp and disband the country's department of refugee affairs.

source: AllAfrica News: Somalia

Subscribers to Switch Lines Without Losing Numbers

[East African] Mobile phone users in Tanzania will from next month freely choose a mobile service operator from any of eight telecom companies in the country while keeping the same mobile number.

[East African] Mobile phone users in Tanzania will from next month freely choose a mobile service operator from any of eight telecom companies in the country while keeping the same mobile number.

source: AllAfrica News: Tanzania

U.S. Lawmakers Urge Govt to Reconsider Weapons Deal

[Nation] Five members of the US Congress are urging the Kenyan government to reconsider a proposed sh43 billion purchase of 12 armed aircraft and related elements intended for use in Somalia against Al-Shabaab.

[Nation] Five members of the US Congress are urging the Kenyan government to reconsider a proposed sh43 billion purchase of 12 armed aircraft and related elements intended for use in Somalia against Al-Shabaab.

source: AllAfrica News: Kenya

Rayon Skipper Calls for Total Commitment Ahead of Busy Fixture

[New Times] Rayon Sports’ skipper Eric ‘Bakame’ Ndayishimiye has urged his teammates to ensure total commitment ahead of a busy fixture in the national league and CAF Confederation Cup.

[New Times] Rayon Sports' skipper Eric 'Bakame' Ndayishimiye has urged his teammates to ensure total commitment ahead of a busy fixture in the national league and CAF Confederation Cup.

source: AllAfrica News: Rwanda